* Support of many different digital brushes e.g. chalk, charcoal, pencils...
* Standard image editing tools like gradient, crop, fill and selection tools.
* Transparency and Layers support.
* Effect filters like sharpen, blur, emboss and mosaic.
* Support for the most common file formats like AWD (Artweaver), BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, TGA, TIFF, PNG, and PSD (no layer support).
* Pen Tablet support for a realistic feeling.
* Support for many languages through language files (Columbian Spanish, Danish, Hungarian, Swedish, ...).
* Artweaver is Freeware-Like Photoshop
Artweaver 4 Highlights
Native 64 bit and improved support for multiple CPU cores
New tabbed document interface and improved appearance of the user interface
Improved palette docking and many palettes are now fully resizeable
Many tools show useful information directly on the canvas while using them
Shape tool supports and includes many new complex custom shapes
Preview images of brush presets can be customized by own images
Custom palettes support presets commands and command order is configurable
Team token locking has been replaced by an automatic locking which is more intuitive
New soft profile and merge mode settings in paint engine and speedups
New effect filters: Portrait, Dithering, Video, Difference Clouds and Custom
Support for Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) devices which replaces Twain
Improved work-flow for online update
Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8 (each with latest service pack)
Pentium II compatible processor, 1000 MHz or greater (1500 MHz recommended)
512 MB RAM (1024 MB recommended)
100 MB of available hard disk space
1024x768 pixels or greater monitor resolution
A pen tablet is recommended